Interviewed by skin health emporium
I’m Lauren Silvers. I’m the co-founder and CEO of Glamazon, Australia’s largest marketplace for at-home beauty services. We are on a mission to empower and equip beauty professionals to become entrepreneurs, by legitimising freelancing as a career path. I’m fulfilled by my mission to leave a legacy in the beauty industry and by the idea of innovating in a space that hasn’t been touched or advanced by technology.
What Drives you?
A few things motivate me – the idea of having ‘one life’ drives me to set and reach new goals every day and to constantly learn. I never want to be 95 years old and look back and regret the things I didn’t do. I’m also deeply motivated by the sense of fulfillment and leaving a legacy. I’m also motivated to make my family proud, as they’ve blessed me with the opportunity to chase my dreams and my vision. And I’m driven by the thought of helping people, such as beauty professionals, by liberating them from a US$8 per hour salon wage!
My parents and grandparents inspired me to work really hard and to prioritise family. My business mentor Rob inspires me by his work ethic and knowledge. And thought leaders such as Gary Vaynerchuk and Jay Shetty inspire me.
Is Luck A thing?
Success to me is feeling fulfilled in my daily life, and waking up every day with the ability to chase my dreams and bring a vision to life. Success is being the best version of myself which allows me to be the best entrepreneur, partner, daughter, granddaughter, sister, aunt, and friend I can be. I believe you make your own luck by showing up, taking a seat at the table and involving yourself. I’d rather replace the word luck with seizing an opportunity if I can?
Your Take On Beauty.
Being beautiful means being comfortable in your own skin, being vulnerable, being kind and smiling a lot. I believe being healthy means eating well 80% of the time, exercising regularly (both your body and mind), spending time in nature, being present with your loved ones and practicing gratitude every day.
AM & PM Self-care Routine
- Double cleanse with my La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 every second day
- Dr Spiller Sensitive Beauty Care Night
- Sisley Eye contour mask
- Salicylic acid spot treatment for pimples (made by my amazing facial clinic Face Plus Medispa! I get a facial every fortnight from the wonderful Amy in their Bondi clinic).
- Phone-free time with my partner from 9-10pm and asleep by 10.30 at the latest
- Wake up at 6:15 pm
- 5km walk along the beach with my coffee (in a KeepCup of course!) I usually do a gym session 3x per week which includes a 20 minute run on the treadmill and 10 minutes of arm weights and 10 minutes of floor work, but I’ve injured my back so I can’t do this for another 3 weeks.
- Shower and then cleanse with my La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
- Dr Spiller Sensitive Beauty Care Day
- I don’t wear makeup during the day unless I have a meeting.
How Do You Manage Mental Health And Self-care?
I see a psychologist every month, I practice gratitude daily, and for the past 3 years I’ve been receiving ad-hoc guidance from a spiritual guidance counselor, where at my peak I was seeing him once a week for 3 months. Now I go whenever I feel icky and I don’t know why.
Favorite holiday destination, restaurant, artist and book?
Indonesia has a special place in my heart as it’s where I fell in love with my partner and we go back often to explore all the islands. I particularly love Nusa Lembongan. I also loved Mauritius and I love Kauai. I would love to go to South Africa and Morocco. Favourite restaurant is Drake Bondi. Favourite artist (I’m interpreting that as music artist) so I’d have to go with the queen Beyonce. Favourite book is The Four Agreements.